The North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service is offering several upcoming classes for the year regarding Horse Management.
Each class will be held at the Guilford County Agricultural Center at 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro, NC 27405. Classes are from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each date, and registration is $30 for the entire series or $5 per session. The registration fee will be waived for 4-H members presenting an official current 4-H Program Membership ID Card.
The courses include:
• Monday, February 4 – “Ask a Vet.” Speaker: Dr. Cindy Kimbrell, Mid State Equine Hospital in Liberty, NC
• Monday, February 11 – “Lameness – Problems & Solutions.” Speakers: Dr. James Meeker, Davie County Large Animal Hospital in Mocksville, NC and Farrier is TBA
• Monday, February 18 – “Forage & Pasture Management, Weed Control.” Speakers: Leon Warren, NCSU Crop Science Specialist and Ben Chase, Extension Livestock Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
• Monday, February 25 – “Exploring Equine Assisted Learning.” Speakers: Dr. Patricia Singer, Internal Medicine Physician, Equine Assisted Growth & Learning Association Certified Mental Health & Equine Specialist and Cathy Thacker, BS Equine Studies, Certified PATH Riding Instructor
• Monday, March 4 – “Ground Work Exercises & Trailering Demonstrations.” Speakers: Leisha & Brock Griffith of Brock Griffith Horsemanship in Denton, NC
• Monday, March 11 – “Legal & Insurance Issues for Horse Owners.” Speakers: Attorney R.L. Adams of Carolina Equine Law and Lucinda Human, Insurance Representative of Star H Insurance
• Monday, March 18 – “Natural Horsemanship Demonstration.” Speakers: James & Kate Cooler of Cooler Horsemanship in Summerfield, NC
Helping with all the above programs, the Horse Management Committee members include Randy Boles, David Dick, Sara Jo Durham, Steva Allgood, Rita Nott, and Georgianne Sims.
For more information, please contact Deborah Cox, County Extension Director, at 336-593-8179 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Ben Chase at 1-800-666-3625, 342-8235, or email@example.com.