The Stokes County Sheriff’s Office took nine people into custody on drug charges this week through “Operation Harvest Moon.”
The Sheriff’s Office conducted the arrests at different times of the day Monday, Nov. 19 through Wednesday, Nov. 21 instead of using the more common early morning roundup technique.
“We never want to become repetitive or predictable,” said Chief Deputy Craig Carico.
The culmination of Operation Harvest Moon was based on several months of investigative work, including surveillance and undercover work. Other agencies assisting the Stokes County Sheriff’s Office were N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement, Stokes County Probation Office, Walnut Cove Police Department and Mayodan Police Department.
No particular area was targeted in Operation Harvest Moon. Suspected offenders were reaped from several areas of Stokes County.
The following individuals were arrested on felony drug charges:
• Lonnie Curtis Bass Sr., 57, 1040 Goolsby’s Mobile Home Park, Belews Creek
• Justin Matthew Bedsaul, 29, 116 Lot 16 Delray Dr., King
• Judy Justina Collins, 22, 116 Lot 16 Delray Dr., King
• Nancy Kathleen Hall, 42, 7297 NC 8 Hwy. South, Germanton
• Tracy Hall Holston, 50, 1459 Pell Road, Westfield
• Catherine Leigh Luffman, 30, 126 Redwood Bend, King
• Daniel Aaron Luffman, 31, 126 Redwood Bend, King
• Davie Edwin Mills, 53, 7297 NC 8 Hwy. South, Germanton
• Dewey Thomas Throckmorton, 53, 1060 Community Road, Pine Hall
Check back later at thestokesnews.com and pick up next week’s edition of The Stokes News to read a full listing of the charges and updates about the operation.