Casting call to be held in Winston for independent film
by Staff Report
An open casting call for local independent feature film “4Gosh” begins Saturday, October 20 at Wake Forest University.
The film, a drama about teen homelessness, will be shot in Winston-Salem in early December 2012. Questions and inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Casting is open to talent of all ages and backgrounds as there are a variety of speaking parts.
Leading roles include:
• Gosh (lead) — 18. Lanky country boy with a Southern accent and bleach-blonde hair. Poor. Raised by his ailing grandmother. Loves rock and roll, especially Led Zeplin. Positive. Always has a smile on his face. Determined but meek. Imaginative and yet naive.
• Krystal Ball (lead) — 20. Gothic. Black hair with razored bangs and her initials tattooed on her lower back. She lives alone in an apartment and goes to cosmetology school on daddy’s money. Makes friends with Gosh after meeting him at a karaoke bar.
• Carl (supporting) — 50’s. Gosh’s dad. Gangly build with a scruffy grey beard. Outwardly gentle, but easily provoked. He’s spent the past 15 years in jail for assault.
• Tina (supporting) — 50. Gosh’s co-worker at Yum Yum China where she passes out food samples. Heavyset. Single mom to her son, Curtis.
• Curtis (supporting) — 11. Tina’s son. Mixed race. A chronic liar who wants to impress Gosh. Likes skateboarding and pretends to be “hardcore” about it.
• Old Man (supporting) — 60’s. Black. Perpetually homeless but wise through hard luck. Enjoys reading the newspaper and follows the stock market closely.
• Brian (supporting) — 40’s. Chinese. Owner/operator at Yum Yum China. Trimmed and responsible small-business man who expects his employees to work hard.
The open call will be held in Room 343, Benson University Center, Wake Forest University, 1834 Wake Forest Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27109. Casting time is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Drop by any time between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 20. More information about the film can be found on the film’s website: www.4gosh.com.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices