Wanted in Stokes
Do you know where this is?
Francisco Farmfest a success
KingFest celebrates 28th year
RUSH for a good cause
- Wanted in Stokes - 11:30 pm
- Do you know where this is? - 10:28 pm
- Stokes News winner - 10:00 am
- Francisco Farmfest a success - 8:15 am
- KingFest celebrates 28th year - 8:00 am
- EMS director discuses drug overdoses - 2:00 am
- RUSH for a good cause - 12:20 pm
- Four vie for two King City Council seats - 12:15 pm
- Jomeokee Marketplace set for Oct. 21 - 11:45 am
- Meet the candidates - 11:25 am
- Photography exhibit at King Public Library throughout October - 9:58 pm
- Senior Fun Festival winners - 9:40 pm
- Shakespeare at the Rock - 9:26 pm
- Stokes County Arts Council to host October Ales and Tales - 9:25 pm updated: 9:40 pm.
- North Stokes inducts Beta Club members - 5:53 pm
- Helen’s Run/Walk to be held in King - 4:02 pm
- West Stokes Homecoming Court - 3:50 pm
- Do you know where this is? - 10:28 am
- Wanted in Stokes - 2:05 am
- School Board delves deeper into performances grades - 1:01 am
- Voter registration deadline Oct. 13 - 1:01 am
- Memories are made and hard work pays off at Reach the Peaks - 1:01 am
- Francisco FarmFest 2017: Let’s celebrate and make it a great tradition - 1:00 am
- King quilters group make donation - 1:00 am
- Salvation Army Christmas Assistance Registration - 2:00 pm
Meet the candidates
Not sure who you want to vote for this year? The King Chamber of Commerce is hoping to make the decision a little easier by sponsoring their annual mo...
Photography exhibit at King Public Library throughout October
The 2017 “Transformation” Northwestern Regional Library Traveling Photography Exhibit will be on display at the King Public Library during...
Senior Fun Festival winners
This year’s 2017 Senior Fun Festival award winners were:Oldest Lady - Senior Citizen Margret Newsome (first place), Betty Barnes (second place)O...
Shakespeare at the Rock
Stokes County Arts Council and Shared Radiance Theatre present Shakespeare at the Rock at Hanging Rock State Park on October 14 and October 15, 2017 a...
Stokes County Arts Council to host October Ales and Tales
Stokes County Arts Council will host October Ales and Tales featuring “Jack”, a solo performance by Michael Huie.Be taken back to the unfo...
North Stokes inducts Beta Club members
The National Beta Club at North Stokes High School inducted 39 new members into their organization Monday night. The students were selected for their ...
South and North compete at golf tournament
Pilot Knob Country Club hosted the 1A Northwest Conference golf tournament this season with only four of the six conference teams being represented. M...
North Stokes football keeps fighting
North Stokes traveled to Mount Airy on Friday night and faced their Northwest conference foe at Wallace Shelton Stadium. The Granite Bears scored on t...
Lady Cats fall on senior night
West Stokes volleyball team celebrated senior night with a disappointing 3-0 loss to Forbush on Tuesday evening. The players, coaches and parents reco...
At the Thurs., Oct. 5 Riverview Senior Bunny Hop, the winning team was (from L to R): W.D. Sands, Buster Mabe, Harvey Young, Dean Priddy and Joe Beck....
Vikings hit past Sauras
South Stokes hosted cross county and Northwest Conference tennis rival North Stokes on Thursday evening. The Vikings, who roster no seniors, overwhelm...
South Stokes grabs homecoming win
South Stokes claimed their first conference win since Oct. of 2012 on Friday night after moving from 2A and settling into the Northwest 1A Conference ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The weather is supposed to be beautiful for our Second Annual Francisco Farmfest to be held Saturday, October 7. Members of the Our Communities Group ...
Fall is officially here! I love it! With the arrival of the cooler season, the festivities and activities abound. My family and I attended the Patrick...
Our nation’s consecration
I don’t get any royalties from Rabbi Jonathan Cahn’s book “The Harbinger” which I wrote about in my last column. In fact, I ha...
The Garden Plot
Still plenty of weeds even in late September - We do believe weeds are a year-round problem and there are still some thriving in the garden of late Se...
Love these cool, fall mornings! I have noticed a few changes in the colors of the leaves. Here in God’s country, we are blessed to have the Blue...
Even though we only had six weeks to plan this year’s Farmfest, it was agreed that it was successful. Last week I had said that the weather was ...
On Nov. 18 Kingswood United Methodist Bazaar, Sat 8 a.m. at 6840 University Pkwy in Rural Hall.Gathering of the Patriots And Indian Culture Event, Oct...
Sandy Ridge News
The 2017 Annual Ridgefest is Saturday, October 14 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at NE Stokes Fire Department. This is a free community event sponsored by loc...
The Old Paths: The Wright way
My youngest son Malachi has told me for years that he’s going to be rich one day. He has long insisted that he will build a 10-story house (he d...
Dr. Newsome will be missed
Dear Editor, I hope every one of our county commissioners and hospital trustees are forced to retire like they’ve allowed LifeBrite to do to Dr....
Great community spirit
Dear Editor, school rivalries can be strong in this county, but for a few minutes on Friday morning, October 6, those rivalries were put aside for a h...